of the Ancient Order of Hibernians
is hereby declared and decreed that the purpose of this organization, the
Ancient Order of Hibernians in America, Inc., is:
1. To promote Friendship,
Unity, and Christian Charity.
2. To foster and sustain loyalty to our country
3. To aid and advance, by all legitimate means, the aspirations
of the Irish people for complete independence, promoting peace
and unity for Ireland.
4. To foster the ideals and perpetuate
the history and traditions of the
Irish people in the United States.
To promote Irish culture and language in America.
6. To encourage civic participation
by our members.
7. To encourage and promote an equitable U.S. immigration
laws for Ireland,
and to cooperate with other groups for a fair and just immigration
the United States.
8. To accept and support, without prejudice,
the concept of a free expression
of religious practice for all of the people
of the world.
Membership in the Ancient Order of Hibernians in America,
Inc. is confined
exclusively to practicing Roman Catholics of Irish birth
or descent, who are
citizens, or who have declared their intention to become
citizens, of the
United States, Canada, or any country of the Western Hemisphere.